Friday, September 3, 2010

Cross Training and Recharging



Back home for some R&R after a full summer of 49er sailing, in between coaching gigs, I was able to go surfing and get some fun waves at home - a rarity indeed. I feel surfing is great cross training for 49er sailing because it is an amazing upper body workout and it is great for your balance. Both balance and upper body strength are essential to crewing in a 49er. The other great thing about surfing is its ability to clear your head and revitalize you, something I needed after 3 windy, cold weeks in Weymouth. Now I am all fired up on training in California in a few weeks (we start the 17th hopefully). Thought I would share this with you because this cross training is more interesting than my normal routine in the gym.
-Zander

No comments:

Post a Comment